Human Health & Nuisance Complaints

The Health Department will investigate Concerns on public/private property regarding unsanitary conditions, potential harborage of rodents, etc. The Registered Sanitarian will investigate complaints from citizens regarding a human health hazard or nuisance. Orders to correct conditions will be issued to the property owners that are in violation of the City’s Municipal Ordinances. If these conditions are not corrected, a citation may be issued. Download a citizen complaint form (PDF).Garbage

Environmental Health Sanitarians cannot provide consultation regarding tenant and/or landlord disputes. If you are experiencing a dispute or are questioning if your landlord has the ability to conduct certain actions, please visit the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection Landlord Tenant Guide.