No plumbing work shall be performed in the City of South Milwaukee unless a permit for such work has been issued to a licensed master plumber, or to a property owner for work to be done by him/her in a single family building owned and occupied by him/her, except that no permit shall be required for:

  • Minor repair work required for proper maintenance of an existing installation
  • Removing stoppages, provided such removal does not entail dismantling the existing installation
  • Emergency work, however, such work shall be reported to the Plumbing Inspector immediately after started